|The Friends of
|Return to map|
Edwinstowe Boundary Stone
This stone marked with 'E' for Edwinstowe marking the parish boundary is one of five boundary stones along this section of the trail leading to Thynghowe. The only other Edwinstowe stone that has been rediscovered is on the summit of Thynghowe.
Near this point on the 1816 perambulation a minor boundary dispute was recorded “at a place where the boundaries of Edwinstowe Clipston and Warsop meet the Letter W was dug upon the Turf and the Letter E appearing to have been recently dug on an Edwinstowe Perambulation was filled up as being considered as an encroachment upon Warsop”.
For more information see our Research Record