Thynghowe logo The Friends of
Thynghowe

Return to map

World War II Ammunition Store

World War II Ammunition Store

These parallel earth banks mark the site of one on the many ammunition stores that were located in Sherwood Forest during the 2nd World War. The army requisitioned Birklands on 12th March 1942 and remained until the 1960s.

World War II Ammunition Store

For more information see our Research Record