|The Friends of
|Return to map|
This is another trench adjoining Hanger Hill Drive near the junction with a smaller track heading south-east. It has the characteristic zig-zag shape to reduce the impact of a blast being transferred along the trench. These trenches would have been used during WW2 to protect the ammunition stores located throughout Sherwood Forest. This feature was found with the assistance of RAF aerial photographs dated 18/04/1941.
For more information see our Research Record