Thynghowe logo The Friends of
Thynghowe

Return to map

World War II Ammunition Store

World War II Ammunition Store
LiDAR image

A pair of parallel earth banks formed the sides of a World War II ammunition store. The earth was taken from three nearby pits. The army requisitioned Birklands in 1942 and public access was restricted until the 1960s.

For more information see our Research Record